This article answers questions on the Inputs, Tools, Techniques, and Outputs described in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), and understanding them is key to passing the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam.
If you are looking for more information on ITTOs and why it is important to learn about them, please read our article: PMP ITTO Complete Guide (Inputs, Tools, Techniques & Outputs)
Table of Contents
The article answers the following topics:
- Putting ITTO in context
- What does ITTO stand for?
- Why do I need to learn ITTO, it looks like a lot of work?
- Why is the ITTO classification used?
- Why are there so many ITTOs?
- Are each Project Management process's ITTO unique?
- Many ITTOs look familiar, where have I seen them before?
- What are PMP ITTO?
- Can ITTO Outputs also be Inputs?
- How can I use the PMBOK® Guide to study ITTOs?
- Should I Create My Own ITTO Chart?
- What is the best way to learn ITTO for the PMP Exam?
Why is there an ITTO Exam in the simulator?
The PM Exam Simulator contains 7 full exams that follow the PMP exam content outline. Still, many students have requested that we also include questions that are focused on the PMBOK® Guide process inputs, tools & techniques, outputs. Although the ITTO format of question will unlikely appear on your exam, students find it useful to master the ITTOs. Exam 8 (ITTO) is for those students who want to be more familiar and check their knowledge of the ITTOs & ITTO-related concepts.