As you study for the exam, it is often useful to take a few short quizzes along the way to assess your understanding of the material. For example, after reading a chapter of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), you may want to assess your current understanding. Quizzes are also an excellent way to get a sense of exam questions in that chapter and to keep yourself motivated in your studies.
Here is how many students use the Exam Simulator:
- In the simulator, make the following selections:
- Timed & Learning Quizzes
- Quiz Mode (Choose what works best for you)
- Timed: You have a timer and can only see answers and explanations after you complete the quiz.
- Learning Quizzes: You have the option to see the hints and explanations as you go through the test.
- Number of Questions: Select a small number (e.g., 10)
- Criteria: Select a knowledge area (e.g., Integration Management)
- Include question: Keep default = Include all questions)
- Include Exam 8 (ITTO): Keep default = No
- Click Start.
Should I review all modules of The PM Prepcast before attempting a quiz, or should I take a targeted quiz after every module?
The PM PrepCast comes with several self-assessment PDF documents in Modules 04-13.
- We recommend the following:
- Watch all the .00 lessons - so L01.00, L02.00, L03.00 and so on -
- Now watch Modules 01-05 and take the self-assessment in modules 04 and 05 (see L04.99 and L05.99).
- Once you get to Module 06, you can also consider taking short quizzes in the exam simulator. For example, you could take a 20-question quiz just on Scope or Schedule.
- And once you get to Module 10, it's time to think about a full, 4-hour long exam.
Here are examples of what you can view from the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Simulator.
PM Exam Simulator (PMP) Main Menu Screen: Select Timed & Learning Quizzes
PM Exam Simulator (PMP): Timed & Learning Quizzes Screen
PM Exam Simulator (PMP): Timed & Learning Quizzes Screen (Criteria Drop Down)