As you study for the exam, it is often useful to take a few short quizzes along the way to assess your understanding of the material. For example, after reading a chapter of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), you may want to assess your current understanding. Quizzes are also an excellent way to get a sense of exam questions in that chapter and to keep yourself motivated in your studies.
The following steps describe a typical usage of the Exam Simulator
- From the main menu of the Exam Simulator, click on the Timed & Learning Quizzes link.
- Select quiz mode. Either Timed or Learning, where:
- Timed: You have a timer and can only see answers and explanations after you complete the quiz.
- Learning: You have the option to see the hints and explanations as you go through the test.
- Select number of questions. Most students start with a small number of questions, for example 10.
- Select criteria. Either a Knowledge Area (e.g., Scope Management) or a Domain (e.g., Planning).
- Include questions. If this is your first attempt, start with the default option, i.e., Include all questions. As you progress and take more quizzes, you may want to select other options in the menu.
- Include Exam 8 (ITTO). Typically, students do not include ITTO questions in the quizzes. Therefore, selecting No would most likley meet your needs.
- Click Start.
Watch a video on How to Start Timed & Learning Quizzes.
Should I review all modules of The PM Prepcast™ before attempting a quiz, or should I take a targeted quiz after every module?
The PM PrepCast comes with several self-assessment PDF documents in Modules 04-13. We recommend the following:
- Watch all the .00 lessons, e.g., L01.00, L02.00, L03.00, and so on.
- Then watch Modules 01-05 and take the self-assessment tests in modules 04 and 05 (see L04.99 and L05.99).
- Once you get to Module 06, consider taking short quizzes in The Exam Simulator. For example, you can take a 10- or 20-question quiz on Scope and/or Schedule.
- Finally, when you get to Module 10, it's time to think about a full, 200-question 4-hour long exam.
Below are examples of the screenshots taken from the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Simulator, and the basic steps to select a quiz.
PM Exam Simulator (PMP), Main Menu
PM Exam Simulator (PMP), Timed & Learning Quizzes Menu
PM Exam Simulator (PMP), Timed & Learning Quizzes Menu, Drop-Down Selection