WARNING: THE AGILE PREPCAST VIDEO FILES ARE OVER 6GB IN SIZE. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN FOR YOUR PHONE. OTHERWISE YOU COULD BE PAYING A HEFTY CHARGE FOR DOWNLOADING THIS MUCH DATA ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE!
There are various options for you to use The Agile PrepCast on your Android powered phone:
1.) Using a Podcast Player
If you have a podcast player installed on your Android, then you can subscribe to The Agile PrepCast in this player simply by adding your "personal podcast URL" (sent to you via email) in this player. (The player has to be capable of playing videos).
2.) Using BeyondPod (Free)
Go to the Google Play store and install the Free BeyondPod podcast player. After installation click on "Add Feed" (bottom right of main screen) and then copy/paste your personal podcast URL into the feed URL box.
To play the video lessons, do the following>
- Start BeyondPod and go to The Agile PrepCast
- Tap & HOLD the episode that you want to play
- After about a second you will see a menu pop up
- From this menu select "Play in external player"
- Next you may see a warning show up : say OK & check the box for "remember"
- Then you may have to select which external player to use : select "Video Player" and "Always"
- Now the video will play in the external player
3.) Manual Synchronization
- Download all Agile PrepCast episodes to your computer using iTunes or a podcatcher software of your choice
- Locate the folder on your computer to which the files were downloaded
- Connect your Android based phone to your computer
- Drag & drop the folder from your computer to the "My Documents" folder on your phone (requires approximately 2GB of free space)
- Disconnect the phone
- Start the "Gallery" on your phone
- After a short while, the directory that you copied to your phone will appear (the videos are sorted by date, which cannot be changed)
- Tap it to start playing the videos
4.) With Google Listen
Google listen allows you to download and LISTEN to The Agile PrepCast - it doesn't play the videos. However, if you plan on using the Agile PrepCast while driving, then this is a valid option for you:
- Go to 'Google Play' on your Android-powered phone
- Select 'Search'
- Enter 'Listen' into the search field
- Once you've found the Google Listen app, touch to install
- Follow the onscreen installation directions
- Start Google Listen once the installation is complete
- Go to "My subscriptions / Add a subscription" and add your "personal podcast URL" (sent to you via email)
- Open The Agile PrepCast
- Tap on "Queue" and select "All unlistened" to download all available episodes.
- After the downloads complete you can listen to the episode audio - the videos cannot be played.