This article provides the most common questions we receive about our Exam Simulators.
1. Are the questions unique? Do they repeat across the exams?
The Exam Simulators have unique questions that are randomly distributed among the Exams. So you would not see the same question in two different exams.
The questions used in the Premium PM Exam Simulator are different from those used in the Free PM Exam Simulator.
- The PM Exam Simulator™ for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, consists of 1600+ questions distributed across 8 Exams.
- The PM Exam Simulator™ for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®, consists of 650 questions distributed across 5 Exams.
- The PM Exam Simulator™ for PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, consists of 480 questions distributed across 4 Exams.
2. Does each of the questions have an explanation inside the simulator?
Yes. There are three different modes to help you choose how you can answer questions.
a. Exam Mode - This mode simulates the experience of a real exam.
b. Timed Mode - This is a quiz mode that offers a selection of a predefined number of questions based on various criteria, such as exam Domain, Knowledge Area, unanswered questions, etc. The time is limited based on the number of questions selected.
c. Learning Mode - This is a quiz mode that allows the selection of the questions based on various criteria, just like the Timed Mode. However, the time is unlimited, and the user can peek into the hint, answer, and explanations.
All three modes use the same question pool. They are just different ways of answering the same set of questions.
3. Are the questions in the simulator taken from the actual PMP, PMI-ACP, CAPM Exams in the past?
No. The questions on the Project Management Institue (PMI)® exams are the intellectual property of the PMI® and cannot be used by any other organization. However, the questions in the PM Exam Simulator are highly realistic sample questions and very close in style, format, difficulty, and look & feel to the actual exam.
4. Does getting a passing score in The Exam Simulators guarantee passing the exam?
No. Using the PM Exam Simulators with or without additional study is no guarantee you will pass the exam.
5. I'm already using The PM PrepCast™. Would you recommend using The PM Exam Simulator™ and a workbook in preparation for the certification exam?
We always recommend additional study materials. Everybody learns differently. Additional materials would help you take in the information, understand your strengths and weaknesses, and inform you on the best approach to tailor your studies to your particular needs.